Dear Patients and Caregivers,
My team and I want to assure you that we will be doing our very best to assist you in these difficult times.
I would also appeal to everyone to stay safe and educate oneself with the coronavirus Covid 19 disease prevailing now. I have provided the links to some good websites now.
In our respiratory/ILD practice we are most concerned about our elderly patients (> 60), those with chronic lung disease, and all our other patients whose immunity is compromised, especially uncontrolled diabetics, obese, and those with a chronic lung or cardiac problems, and those on regular immune suppressing drugs.
The one thing I would like you to keep in mind is that social distancing is essential for the safety of all and only when it is absolutely necessary, should you step out to the hospital/clinic.
We have changed the way we deliver care to patients in our clinical practice with a specific focus on reducing waiting times and minimising contact of patients/care givers in the waiting area while prioritising patients with urgent problems that need immediate attention.
Accordinly,the following precautionary steps are being put in place till April 14th 2020 to help limit any potential exposure while providing critical care to those who need it most
(1) All appointments booked will be called and screened before re-confirming the need/urgency. I can see the patients at Bhatia/Bombay Hospital clinic to the extent the hospitals permit.
(2) Only ONE relative or caregiver should accompany the patient to the clinic, if necessary.
(3) All patients exhibiting fever / respiratory symptoms like cough cold sneezing must first consult on telephone only, ideally with their GP. Later, if necessary we can follow up at the consulting room, with appointments only. This will enable adequate preparation to be able to receive and effectively treat them.
(4)Video/phone consults can be done, but need to be scheduled with Sheetal on 9819279795 (Bombay Hospital) or Vasudev Prabhu on 9969781113 (Bhatia Hospital), in advance. Charges as applicable will be through UPI Bhim App - 9820191302@upi
(5) The following patients are NOT advised to come to the clinic for the next 3 weeks unless very urgent.
a) elderly patients > 65 years of age
b) those with chronic lung disease on immunosuppressant medication such as Wysolone, Azoran, Folitrax and Serommune are requested to make use of video consulting whenever possible.
c) any patient/caregiver (without symptoms) who has been in recent contact with a proven Covid 19 positive patient --These persons should be practicing self quarantine.
(6) Should you wish to get yourself tested for COVID 19, the following options are readily available:
(7) The below websites provide good information on COVID 19
The Helpline Number for corona-virus in India : +91-11-23978046 Toll Free No: 1075
Again, may I remind you that staying at home and avoiding contact with people is the best way to keep yourself safe.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.